Currently Waste Management is a major problem in our country. All cities irrespective their size, their location or their economical budge, spend huge amount of money every year for waste collection.
Smart Trash Bin can help to solve the problems related to the garbage management. It is a regular trash bin equipped with a sensor and such sensor trash bins measures the level of trash contained in them and report that to the users.
Sensor based smart bins are used to identify status of waste bins, if it is empty or filled so as to customize the waste collection schedule accordingly and also save the cost, it acts as a real time waste management system.
Fig 1: Smart Bins
It will inform the status of each and every dustbin in real time so that concerned authority can send the garbage collection vehicle only when the dustbin is full. By implementing this system resource optimization, cost reduction, effective usage of smart dustbins can be done.
• It uses a network of sensors in the trash bin which can determine how full the trash can is at the moment. It is important that we know the GPS coordinates of the sensor or the address.
• The measurement unit transports the data to the web server and there the data processing and planning takes place.
• The end user is either the waste collection company or the owner of the trash can. The waste collecting company can use optimized plans to plan the waste collecting trucks.
Fig 2 : Smart Bin Working
• The filling and cleaning time of smart bin will reduce thus making empty and clean dustbins available to common people
• Intelligent Monitoring
• Send optimized route directly to drivers
• Know the fill level garbage bins
• Collection operations become more efficient and smarter
• It will stop overflowing of dustbins along roadsides and localities
• It is an efficient concept of waste management for upcoming smart cities